We are not a UK company running a course in Ireland we are an Irish company supporting the Irish aesthetic sector.
Ireland Based Staff
Our teaching doctors and nurses are Ireland based aesthetic practitioners and some work for the HSE plus our support network is based in Ireland to provide help when you need it.
No one day courses
We do not support 1-day Botox®/Dermal filler courses. We are yet to meet a doctor or nurse that was ready and able to inject on their first day.
Unlimited Practical Clinics
Our course provides four practical clinics where you will see over 30 patients. However, you can partake in as many practical clinics until you are competent and confident to practice autonomously.
Follow on courses to stay abreast of the latest developments and progress to advanced procedures and techniques.
Why train with ATAI?
The most significant advantages of studying with ATAI is practical training and the Level 7 theory. Unlike our competitors that consider practical training to be administering half a lip. We provide a practical training pathway that will have you performing procedures to over 30 patients.
The average time required to complete our course is three months.
- Course taught by doctors
- Support with product purchase
- Support with adverse reactions
- We only train qualified healthcare professionals
- CPD accredited course
- Hamilton Fraser accredited course
Our level 7 anti-wrinkle and dermal filler injections course are for doctors and dentists. If you are a nurse in Ireland we have a course specifically tailored to your needs, please view the dermal filler course for nurses.
Foundation Day – Corresponds to the course booking date
Introduction to dermal fillers and anti-wrinkle injections.
- Patient selection
- Facial anatomy
- Injection technique
- Basic administering of anti-wrinkle and facial filler injections
Simulated Hands-on practical (Custome made injection mannequins)
- Administer of Dermal Fillers to treat nasolabial folds, marionette lines, lip augmentation, and oral commissures.
- Usage of Botulinum Toxin for crow’s feet, glabellar, and frontalis
Level 7 Theory – You study at your own pace and in your own time through our online learning system. We anticipate the theory side of the course will take you 8 to 16 weeks to finish depending on the time you can dedicate to study.
Practical – Return to ATAI for practical training on models supplied by ATAI.
Practical Training Clinics – Our practical clinics is where you hone your skills while increasing your confidence. We have modelled the clinic to slowly introduce you to operating at a typical clinic speed. We do this through a time stepping programme where each clinic day reduces the time allowance per client from an hour in the beginning to thirty minutes by the third clinic. We also change the consultation process, at the beginning along with your mentor you perform the entire pre-consultation process, that includes, consent forms, medical and health history questionnaire and pre-treatment photos. By the third clinic, our aesthetic nurse performs the pre-consultation again mirroring the process in a typical aesthetics clinic. Our aesthetic nurse then leads the client into your treatment room where you then perform the typical treatment consultation process. Our teaching programme is unique in the aesthetics training sector has been formed through the understanding of what is required to produce competent, confident, aesthetic practitioners.
Our Level 7 online learning allows you to study in your own time and at your own pace.
The practical course format is combined with seven critical units of theory delivered through our VLE resulting in approximately 210 hours of learning.
Principles of Dermatology in Aesthetic Medicine
- Understand the structure and function of the skin and hair
- Understand the impacts of age and dermatological condition upon the skin
- Understand the use of dermatologically focussed tools and products
Principles of Cosmetic Psychology in Aesthetic Medicine
- Understand the factors that influence the desire for cosmetic procedures.
- Understand Mental health conditions that may impact treatment, how to screen for these and manage appropriately in the setting of Aesthetic medicine
Principles of Ageing and Photoageing in Aesthetic Medicine
- Understand the impact of age, intrinsic and extrinsic factors on the ageing process.
- Understand the use of dermatologically focused tools of assessment and their relevance to aesthetic treatment.
- Understand the effects of UV light on the skin ageing process
Principles of Treatment in Aesthetic Medicine
- Understanding the importance of individualised treatment with reference to Aesthetic medicine.
- Understanding the roles and responsibilities of aesthetic practitioners.
- Understanding the need for specific aftercare advice and how to best deliver this to clients.
Principles of History, Ethics, and Law in Aesthetic Medicine
- Understand the moral theories and principles that have influenced healthcare.
- Understand the range of ethical issues that may arise and how one would approach these in relation to aesthetic medicine.
- Understand product liability and the legal principles around advertising in the cosmetic industry.
Principles of Botulinum Toxin Use in Aesthetic Medicine
- Understand the biochemistry and mechanisms of action of botulinum toxin
- Understand the facial and neck anatomy relevant to the use of botulinum toxin within aesthetic medicine
- Understand the risks and the management options, referring to adverse effects, associated with botulinum toxin administration
Principles of Dermal Filler Use in Aesthetic Medicine
- Understand the biochemistry and mechanisms of action of dermal fillers
- Understand the facial anatomy relevant to the use of dermal fillers within aesthetic medicine
- Understand a range of techniques for the application of dermal fillers
- Understand the risks and the management options, referring to adverse effects, associated with dermal filler administration
A comprehensive theory programme might be the cornerstone of our aesthetic medicine courses but practical hands-on training is the foundation. Training to a Level 7 standard produces competent practitioners furthermore our ability to train you on many evidence-based modalities takes you on a journey from injecter to a specialist in non-surgical aesthetics.
Practice of Dermal Filler Use in Aesthetic Medicine
- Be able to perform client assessments relating to the use of dermal fillers
- Be able to develop a range of treatment plans relating to the use of dermal fillers
- Be able to administer dermal fillers
- Be able to address adverse effects, arising from the use of dermal fillers, using hyaluronidase
Practice of Botulinum Toxin Use in Aesthetic Medicine
- Be able to perform client assessments relating to the use of botulinum toxin
- Be able to develop a range of treatment plans relating to the use of botulinum toxin
- Be able to administer botulinum toxin
During the theory stage of the course, three assignments need to be completed.
- Assignment 1 – This assignment is to show you have a working knowledge of the physiology of skin ageing and understand the need, process, and have the ability to carry out an advanced skin assessment.
- Assignment 2 – In this assignment, you will show an understanding of the importance of professional conduct in medical aesthetic therapies. Know the key regulations, legislative influences and responsibilities relating to medical aesthetic therapies. Understand advanced contra-actions, hygiene issues and medical emergencies of specific concern to medical aesthetic therapies.
- Assignment 3 – In this assignment, you will display a knowledge of the types of dermal filler, specific usage, the use of Hyalase and managing adverse reaction. Managing expectations, law and process of prescribing, safe and appropriate storage of dermal filler.
Our course is designed for practitioners that understand the value of good education leading to exceptional patient outcomes. Sure you can take a one-day-course, yet, we have never met a doctor that felt confident to practice after a one day course.
We use Allergan products in our injectable training courses.
We use genuine Botox® and Juvéderm® Fillers for all our injectable training.
We use and recommend iRejuvenation
iRejuvenation is an application that runs on iPhone, iPad and soon Android systems. It provides a central GDPR compliant solution for the recording and management of medical aesthetic treatments.
DESIGNED SPECIFICALLY FOR AESTHETIC PRACTITIONERS: DOCTORS, INJECTORS, NURSES, MEDSPAS AND CLINICS
How much is the anti-wrinkle and dermal filler course?
Introductory offer of €3995.00 normally €4995.00
Who is able to attend this course?
The course is open to degree holding Level 6 doctors and dentists. Nurses are also able to take this course but please be aware you are still unable to administer anti-wrinkle injections in the Republic of Ireland.
I am a beauty therapist can I attend this course?
No, due to the unregulated nature of beauty therapists and insurance protocols plus the legislation around prescription medicine beauty therapists are unable to study this course. Can I just enrol in the theory aspect of the course then? Sorry, no that is also not possible. We see that as encouraging rogue practices in the industry.
Is there a practical component to this course?
Yes, the course is structured with the delivery of theory of approximately 190 hours through our virtual learning environment. In addition, the practical day sees you observing injectable treatment plus hands-on administering of dermal fillers and anti-wrinkle injections. All our courses have a strong focus on practical skills.
Do I need to provide my own model for the course?
No, we provide all models for the practical component of the course. If you do wish to bring along a model, please let us know at the time of enrolment.
Do I need my own insurance?
No, our insurance covers you on the practical treatment days. Once you have qualified you will, of course, need to organise your insurance to practice.
Can I practice after attending this course?
Yes, if you pass all the units in anti-wrinkle and dermal filler course for doctors and dentists it complies with all insurance needs.
ATAI was formed with one primary goal in mind, to provide the highest level theory and practical based education for the aesthetics sector. Our unquivering determination to ensure the best possible outcome for the general public starts in the education treatment pathway. We are an open and transparent vested interest group that believes injectable cosmetics have no place being taught to unregulated practitioners. Unregulated practitioners may not have the same training or accountability as regulated health professionals. Members of the public who choose to use the services of an unregulated practitioner have no way of holding that individual accountable for the care or services received. Training providers that facilitate training to an unregulated practitioner may not be breaking the law; however, it is unethical. Ultimately it is the general public that is the loser, often emotionally and or physically scared for life and as such, we disparage any organisation that encourages or upholds this practice.
ATAI is conveniently located in Swords, no need to battle Dublin City traffic, with plenty of parking, easy access from the M1 and M50. People travel from all over Ireland and Northern Ireland to attend training at ATAI, you could say, regardless if you are in Cork, Mayo, Galway or Belfast ATAI is worth the travel to set your medical aesthetics career on the right pathway.
Click on a course date for enrolment or phone 01 525 1511
Build a rewarding career
Not only do we have the most comprehensive Botox® and Dermal Filler training programme in greater Ireland, but we also compliment that training with a host of evidence-based modalities to build your career to become a true expert in non-surgical aesthetics.
We offer a learning pathway into advanced use of dermal filler, including masterclasses that introduce you to the cannula technique, advanced use of botulinum toxin for medical conditions and off-label use. Furthermore, we have courses for shallow injection techniques, mesotherapy, micro-needling, PROFILO. Laser & light courses, for skin rejuvenation, vascular concerns, pigmented lesions, birthmark removal, tattoo removal, fractional laser. Radiofrequency for skin tightening, chemical facial peels, cosmeceutical topical skin therapy.
ATAI is the only multi-modality medical aesthetics training college in Ireland. With a growing network of practitioners and clinics, we have the experience, plus the support to aid in your career pathway. Or as we like to say, the only thing missing from ATAI is you.
We understand that it is not always easy to budget for your education needs, so we have partnered with Flexi-Fi to provide an affordable, convenient finance option for your course. Spread your course fees over 24 or 36 monthly repayments.