Many doctors and dentists wish to train in botulinum toxin without dermal fillers while still requiring an in-depth course over the many ineffective one-day training options in the market.
Why train with ATAI?
- Taught by doctors
- Unlimited practical training clinics
- Residency programme
- Adverse reaction & complications kit
- Deep theory & practical training structure
- CPD Accredited
- Hamilton Fraser accredited
- Classic three areas
- Gummy smile
- Smokers lines
- DAO Depressor Anguli Oris, downturned corners of mouth
- Jaw slimming masseter Botox
- Neck Nefertiti lift
- Turkey neck platysma bands
- Décolletage breast Botox
- Hyperhidrosis armpits, hands, feet
Our level 7 theory programme is delivered through online learning for maximum flexibility for the delegate. You can expect to take around one to three months depending on personal work commitments to complete the online learning. The course is worth 90 CPD points.
Principles of Dermatology in Aesthetic Medicine
- Understand the structure and function of the skin and hair
- Understand the impacts of age and dermatological condition upon the skin
- Understand the use of dermatologically focussed tools and products
Principles of Cosmetic Psychology in Aesthetic Medicine
- Understand the key drivers for cosmetic procedures within aesthetic medicine
- Understand the key ‘at risk’ groups with reference to aesthetic medicine
- Understand how to respond to a range of psychological issues
Principles of History, Ethics and Law in Aesthetic Medicine
- Understand the background of aesthetic medicine
- Understand the responsibilities of the NMBI within aesthetic medicine
- Understand the legal obligations associated with aesthetic medicine
Principles of Treatment in Aesthetic Medicine
- Understand the importance of individualised treatments with reference to aesthetic medicine
- Understand key methodological considerations general within aesthetic medicine
- Understand the relationship between specific physical qualities and concepts of youth and attractiveness
- Understand the actions required as part of the pre-procedural client consultation and related informed consent process
Principles of Botulinum Toxin Use in Aesthetic Medicine
- Understand the biochemistry and mechanisms of action of botulinum toxin
- Understand the facial and neck anatomy relevant to the use of botulinum toxin within aesthetic medicine
- Understand the risks and the management options, referring to adverse effects, associated with botulinum toxin administration
Practice of Botulinum Toxin Use in Aesthetic Medicine
- Be able to perform client assessments relating to the use of botulinum toxin
- Be able to develop a range of treatment plans relating to the use of botulinum toxin
- Be able to administer botulinum toxin
Stage 1 – Foundation Day (corresponds to the course availability booking dates)
Introduction to botulinum toxin
- Patient selection
- Facial anatomy
- Injection technique
- Basic administering of botox injections
Hands-on practical training on silicon heads
- Master needle control, injection technique.
Stage 2 – Theory
You then leave ATAI and start your theory learning, depending on your schedule and time to devote to study; this will typically take 4 to 12 weeks.
Stage 3 – Practical Training
Once you have completed the theory requirements, you book in for a practical training date. Practical training performed on everyday people from consultation through to final administering.
Practical Training Clinics – Our practical clinics is where you hone your skills while increasing your confidence. We have modelled the clinic to slowly introduce you to operating at a typical clinic speed. We do this through a time stepping programme where each clinic day reduces the time allowance per client from an hour in the beginning to thirty minutes by the third clinic. We also change the consultation process, at the beginning along with your mentor you perform the entire pre-consultation process, that includes, consent forms, medical and health history questionnaire and pre-treatment photos. By the third clinic, our aesthetic nurse performs the pre-consultation again mirroring the process in a typical aesthetics clinic. Our aesthetic nurse then leads the client into your treatment room where you then perform the typical treatment consultation process. Our teaching programme is unique in the aesthetics training sector has been formed through the understanding of what is required to produce competent, confident, aesthetic practitioners.
During the theory stage of the course, three assignments need to be completed.
- Assignment 1 – The client consultation, the need for record keeping and client needs evaluation.
- Assignment 2 – This assignment is to show you have a working knowledge of the physiology of skin ageing and understand the need, process, and have the ability to carry out an advanced skin assessment.
The theory component represents approximately 113 hours of study delivered through our virtual learning environment. Models are provided for your practical application of Botox® each procedure is photographed before and after in accordance with standards for record of treatment. Unless explicitly stated, models used for your record of treatment cannot be used for general marketing materials.
How much is the Botox training course?
The course is €2950.00
Who is able to attend this course?
This course is open to Doctors and Dentists
Is there a practical component to the course?
Yes, the course is structured with the delivery of theory of approximately 113 hours through our virtual learning environment. In addition, the practical days see you observing injectable treatment plus hands-on administering of dermal fillers. All our courses have a strong focus on practical skills.
Do I need to bring my own model?
No, we provide all models for the practical component of the course. If you do wish to bring along a model, please let us know at the time of enrolment.
Do I need my own insurance?
No, our insurance covers you on the practical treatment days. Once you have qualified you will, of course, need to organise your insurance to practice.
Can I practice after attending this course?
Yes, if you pass all components of the foundation course in dermal fillers it complies with all insurance needs.
Click on a course date for enrolment or phone 01 524 1511
All ATAI courses strive to facilitate the highest level of education in their class, and the dermal filler course for nurses is no different. We are confident that our course represents the highest level of training available in the Irish market. Our training focus on allied health professionals represents our ethics and principles in good outcomes in cosmetic care. Safety for the general public must be of paramount importance, we are concerned with training providers that facilitate training for non-medical allied health candidates, and you should be too.
We understand that it is not always easy to budget for your education needs, so we have partnered with Flexi-Fi to provide an affordable, convenient finance option for your course. Spread your course fees over 24 or 36 monthly repayments.