Foundation Course Dermal Fillers …
Certificate in Dermal Fillers
Designed for nurses. An in-depth theory course and practical training to facilitate the highest quality of education and to provide the best outcomes for the patient.
Please note: You may like to consider taking our Skin Complete Course. It provides a holistic set of skills for skin rejuvenation and injectable cosmetics. It will make you highly employable or if you are looking to start out on your own, provide you will a well-rounded skill set of treatments that are in demand,
We are not a UK company running a course in Ireland we are an Irish company supporting the Irish aesthetic sector.
We have training centres in Swords, Co Dublin, Bray, Co Wicklow, and Douglas, Co Cork.
No one day courses
We do not support 1-day Botox®/Dermal filler courses. We are yet to meet a doctor or nurse that was ready and able to inject on their first day.
Unlimited Practical Clinics
Our course provides four practical clinics where you will see over 30 patients. However, you can partake in as many practical clinics until you are competent and confident to practice autonomously.
Follow on courses to stay abreast of the latest developments and progress to advanced procedures and techniques.
Why train with ATAI?
The most significant advantages of studying with ATAI is the practical training and the Level 7 theory. Unlike our competitors that consider practical training to be administering half a lip. We provide you with up to 6 areas to administer, plus our graduate clinic that can extend to a further 20 patients.
The average time required to complete our course is three months.
- Taught by doctors & nurses
- We only train qualified healthcare professionals
- Help with product purchasing
- Deep theory & practical training structure
- CPD Accredited
Our foundation course in dermal fillers is structured specifically for nurses in Ireland wanting to enter the cosmetic injectables sector.
Further, extend your skills to include mid-face masterclass fillers including cheeks €650
- Cheek midface anatomy, fat pads, danger areas
- Md codes, the role of cheek and what it enhances
- Point of application
- Procedures Cheek, Nasolabial folds, cheek lift
- Model cheek, high definition
Foundation Day (corresponds to the course availability booking dates)
Introduction to dermal fillers
- Patient selection
- Facial anatomy
- Injection technique
- Basic administering of facial filler injections
Hands-on practical training on silicon heads
- Administer of Dermal Fillers to treat nasolabial folds, marionette lines, lip augmentation, and oral commissures.
You then leave ATAI and start your theory learning, depending on your schedule and time to devote to study; this will typically take 4 to 12 weeks.
Once you have completed the theory requirements, you book in for a practical training date. Practical training performed on everyday people from consultation through to final administering.
Our practical clinics are where you hone your skills while increasing your confidence. We have modelled the clinic to slowly introduce you to operating at a typical clinic speed. We do this through a time stepping programme where each clinic day reduces the time allowance per client from an hour in the beginning to thirty minutes by the third clinic. We also change the consultation process, at the beginning along with your mentor you perform the entire pre-consultation process, that includes, consent forms, medical and health history questionnaire and pre-treatment photos. By the third clinic, our aesthetic nurse performs the pre-consultation again mirroring the process in a typical aesthetics clinic. Our aesthetic nurse then leads the client into your treatment room where you then perform the typical treatment consultation process. Our teaching programme is unique in the aesthetics training sector has been formed through the understanding of what is required to produce competent, confident, aesthetic practitioners.
OUR LEVEL 7 ONLINE LEARNING ALLOWS YOU TO STUDY IN YOUR OWN TIME AND AT YOUR OWN PACE.
THE PRACTICAL COURSE FORMAT IS COMBINED WITH SIX CRITICAL UNITS OF THEORY DELIVERED THROUGH OUR VLE RESULTING IN APPROXIMATELY 180 HOURS OF LEARNING.
Our level 7 course offers a deeper theory structure than any other course available in Ireland. (We offer this specific course for nurses due to Irish legislation prohibiting nurses from administering anti-wrinkle POM.)
The theory component is delivered through our virtual learning environment; you study in your own time and at your own pace. Depending on your schedule completing the theory side can take 4 to 12 weeks.
Principles of Dermatology in Aesthetic Medicine
- Understand the structure and function of the skin and hair
- Understand the impacts of age and dermatological condition upon the skin
- Understand the use of dermatologically focussed tools and products
Principles of Cosmetic Psychology in Aesthetic Medicine
- Understand the factors that influence the desire for cosmetic procedures.
- Understand Mental health conditions that may impact treatment, how to screen for these and manage appropriately in the setting of Aesthetic medicine
Principles of Ageing and Photoageing in Aesthetic Medicine
- Understand the impact of age and external factors on the skin.
- Understand the use of dermatologically focused tools of assessment and their relevance to aesthetic treatment.
- Understand the effects of UV light on the skin ageing process
Principles of Treatment in Aesthetic Medicine
- Understanding the importance of individualised treatment with reference to Aesthetic medicine.
- Understanding the roles and responsibilities of aesthetic practitioners.
- Understanding the need for specific aftercare advice and how to best deliver this to clients.
Principles of History, Ethics, and Law in Aesthetic Medicine
- Understand the moral theories and principles that have influenced healthcare.
- Understand the range of ethical issues that may arise and how one would approach these in relation to aesthetic medicine.
- Understand product liability and the legal principles around advertising in the cosmetic industry.
Principles of Dermal Filler Use in Aesthetic Medicine
- Understand the biochemistry and mechanisms of action of dermal fillers
- Understand the facial anatomy relevant to the use of dermal fillers within aesthetic medicine
- Understand a range of techniques for the application of dermal fillers
- Understand the risks and the management options, referring to adverse effects, associated with dermal filler administration
Practice of Dermal Filler Use in Aesthetic Medicine
- Be able to perform client assessments relating to the use of dermal fillers
- Be able to develop a range of treatment plans relating to the use of dermal fillers
- Be able to administer dermal fillers
- Be able to address adverse effects, arising from the use of dermal fillers, using hyaluronidase
During the theory stage of the course, three assignments need to be completed.
- Assignment 1 – The client consultation, the need for record keeping and client needs evaluation.
- Assignment 2 – This assignment is to show you have a working knowledge of the physiology of skin ageing and understand the need, process, and have the ability to carry out an advanced skin assessment.
- Assignment 3 – In this assignment, you will display a knowledge of the types of dermal filler, specific usage, the use of Hyalase and managing adverse reaction. Managing expectations, law and process of prescribing, safe and appropriate storage of dermal filler.
How much is the foundation course in dermal fillers
The course is €2995.00 – add on complete mid-face including cheeks for only €650.00 –
Do you have a payment plan?
Yes, we understand it can be difficult to pay the cost of education up front. You are able to pay a 50 percent deposit and the balance over 6 interest free manageable payments.
Who is able to attend this course?
While the course is aimed at nurses, if you are a doctor or dentist that would like to gain the knowledge the Level 7 format provides, you are more than welcome to attend the course. However, you might be more interested in our foundation course in dermal fillers and anti-wrinkle injections
I am a beauty therapist can I attend this course?
Sorry due to insurance protocols and the problem of beauty therapy being an unregulated qualification, we are unable to facilitate training for beauty therapists.
Is there a practical component to the course?
Yes, the course is structured with the delivery of theory of approximately 113 hours through our virtual learning environment. In addition, the practical days see you observing injectable treatment plus hands-on administering of dermal fillers. All our courses have a strong focus on practical skills.
Do I need to bring my own model?
No, we provide all models for the practical component of the course. If you do wish to bring along a model, please let us know at the time of enrolment.
Do I need my own insurance?
No, our insurance covers you on the practical treatment days. Once you have qualified you will, of course, need to organise your insurance to practice.
Can I practice after attending this course?
Yes, if you pass all components of the foundation course in dermal fillers it complies with all insurance needs.
Dublin Course Dates
Click on a course date for enrolment or phone 01 524 1511
All ATAI courses strive to facilitate the highest level of education in their class, and the dermal filler course for nurses is no different. We are confident that our course represents the highest level of training available in the Irish market. Our training focus on allied health professionals represents our ethics and principles in good outcomes in cosmetic care. Safety for the general public must be of paramount importance, we are concerned with training providers that facilitate training for non-medical allied health candidates, and you should be too.
Cork Course Dates
We provide all clients for training courses.
Learn in an actual clinic environment.
Finance and payment plans available.
Ongoing support after your training..
We understand that it is not always easy to budget for your education needs, so we have partnered with Flexi-Fi to provide an affordable, convenient finance option for your course. Spread your course fees over 24 or 36 monthly repayments.