Why train with ATAI?
- Taught by doctors
- We only train qualified healthcare professionals
- Help with product purchasing
- Adverse reaction & complications kit
- Deep theory & practical training structure
- CPD Accredited
- Supported by Allergan
Our foundation course in dermal fillers is structured specifically for nurses in Ireland wanting to enter the cosmetic injectables sector. Built from the MSc framework of the Level 7 injectables for aesthetic medicine.
Our course offers a deeper theory structure than any other course available in Ireland. We based the curriculum off of the Level 7 course. (We offer this specific course for nurses due to Irish legislation prohibiting nurses from administering anti-wrinkle POM.)
The theory component is delivered through our virtual learning environment; you study in your own time and at your own pace. Depending on your schedule completing the theory side can take 4 to 12 weeks.
Principles of Dermatology in Aesthetic Medicine
- Understand the structure and function of the skin and hair
- Understand the impacts of age and dermatological condition upon the skin
- Understand the use of dermatologically focussed tools and products
Principles of Cosmetic Psychology in Aesthetic Medicine
- Understand the key drivers for cosmetic procedures within aesthetic medicine
- Understand the key ‘at risk’ groups with reference to aesthetic medicine
- Understand how to respond to a range of psychological issues
Principles of History, Ethics and Law in Aesthetic Medicine
- Understand the background of aesthetic medicine
- Understand the responsibilities of the NMBI within aesthetic medicine
- Understand the legal obligations associated with aesthetic medicine
Principles of Treatment in Aesthetic Medicine
- Understand the importance of individualised treatments with reference to aesthetic medicine
- Understand key methodological considerations general within aesthetic medicine
- Understand the relationship between specific physical qualities and concepts of youth and attractiveness
- Understand the actions required as part of the pre-procedural client consultation and related informed consent process
Principles of Dermal Filler Use in Aesthetic Medicine
- Understand the biochemistry and mechanisms of action of dermal fillers
- Understand the facial anatomy relevant to the use of dermal fillers within aesthetic medicine
- Understand a range of techniques for the application of dermal fillers
- Understand the risks and the management options, referring to adverse effects, associated with dermal filler administration
Practice of Dermal Filler Use in Aesthetic Medicine
- Be able to perform client assessments relating to the use of dermal fillers
- Be able to develop a range of treatment plans relating to the use of dermal fillers
- Be able to administer dermal fillers
- Be able to address adverse effects, arising from the use of dermal fillers, using hyaluronidase
Stage 1 – Foundation Day (corresponds to the course availability booking dates)
Introduction to dermal fillers
- Patient selection
- Facial anatomy
- Injection technique
- Basic administering of facial filler injections
Hands-on practical training on silicon heads
- Administer of Dermal Fillers to treat nasolabial folds, marionette lines, basic cheek augmentation, lip augmentation, and oral commissures.
Stage 2 – Theory
You then leave ATAI and start your theory learning, depending on your schedule and time to devote to study; this will typically take 4 to 12 weeks.
Stage 3 – Practical Training
Once you have completed the theory requirements, you book in for a practical training date. Practical training performed on everyday people from consultation through to final administering.
Stage 4 – Optional
Confidence and technique can only be gained with experience; we offer learners the opportunity to spend one or two days per week at the clinic performing injectable treatments with oversight. This can be an invaluable means to gain confidence under the instructional guide of a trained expert.
During the theory stage of the course, four assignments need to be completed.
- Assignment 1 – The client consultation, the need for record keeping and client needs evaluation.
- Assignment 2 – This assignment is to show you have a working knowledge of the physiology of skin ageing and understand the need, process, and have the ability to carry out an advanced skin assessment.
- Assignment 3 – In this assignment, you will display a knowledge of the types of dermal filler, specific usage, the use of Hyalase and managing adverse reaction. Managing expectations, law and process of prescribing, safe and appropriate storage of dermal filler.
The theory component represents approximately 113 hours of study delivered through our virtual learning environment. Models are provided for your practical application of dermal fillers each procedure is photographed before and after in accordance with standards for record of treatment. Unless explicitly stated, models used for your record of treatment cannot be used for general marketing materials.
How much is the foundation course in dermal fillers
The course is normally €3595.00 for a limited time we have it on special for €2995.00
Do you have a payment plan?
Yes, we understand it can be difficult to pay the cost of education up front. You are able to pay a 50 percent deposit and the balance over 6 interest free manageable payments.
Who is able to attend this course?
While the course is aimed at nurses, if you are a doctor or dentist that would like to gain the knowledge the Level 7 format provides, you are more than welcome to attend the course. However, you might be more interested in our foundation course in dermal fillers and anti-wrinkle injections
I am a beauty therapist can I attend this course?
Sorry due to insurance protocols and the problem of beauty therapy being an unregulated qualification, we are unable to facilitate training for beauty therapists.
Is there a practical component to the course?
Yes, the course is structured with the delivery of theory of approximately 113 hours through our virtual learning environment. In addition, the practical days see you observing injectable treatment plus hands-on administering of dermal fillers. All our courses have a strong focus on practical skills.
Do I need to bring my own model?
No, we provide all models for the practical component of the course. If you do wish to bring along a model, please let us know at the time of enrolment.
Do I need my own insurance?
No, our insurance covers you on the practical treatment days. Once you have qualified you will, of course, need to organise your insurance to practice.
Can I practice after attending this course?
Yes, if you pass all components of the foundation course in dermal fillers it complies with all insurance needs.
Click on a course date for enrolment or phone 01 524 1511
All ATAI courses strive to facilitate the highest level of education in their class, and the dermal filler course for nurses is no different. We are confident that our course represents the highest level of training available in the Irish market. Our training focus on allied health professionals represents our ethics and principles in good outcomes in cosmetic care. Safety for the general public must be of paramount importance, we are concerned with training providers that facilitate training for non-medical allied health candidates, and you should be too.