Why train with ATAI?
- We use an accelerated learning structure, unlike our competitors that want you to learn 1 day a month for 6 months. The 3×3 format provides a superior learning experience and has you qualified in 2 months.
- Our lecturer holds a PhD with over 20 years experience delivering education programmes, they say it is the teacher that makes or breaks a course.
- Your qualification is recognised on the European Qualifications Framework (EQF) meaning your qualification can travel with you.
All our courses are nationally recognised mapped to the Regulatory Qualifications Framework, RQF UK, thus mapped to the European Qualifications Framework and the National Framework of Qualifications (NFQ) here in Ireland.
Why should you select ATAI for your teacher training?
The Level 5 or Level 7 Diploma in Ireland, provides the knowledge, understanding and skills to deliver training programmes across a host of differing industries.
The course is delivered over four mandatory units
- Teaching, learning and assessment in education and training
- The aim of this unit is to provide you with the knowledge, understanding and skills relating to teaching, learning and assessment in education and training. You will understand the role and responsibilities of a teacher in education and training, agree individual learning goals and planning, as well as delivering and assessing inclusive teaching and learning. You will learn how to create and maintain an inclusive learning environment and evaluate your own practice.
- Developing teaching, learning and assessment in education and training
- The aim of this unit is to provide you with the knowledge, understanding and skills relating to developing teaching, learning and assessment in education and training. It includes investigating practice in own area of specialism, applying theories, principles and models of learning, communication and assessment in relation to planning, delivering and assessing inclusive teaching and learning. It also involves applying theories of behaviour management in creating and maintaining an inclusive learning environment and applying theories and models of reflection to evaluate own practice.
- Theories, principles and models in education and training
- The aim of this unit is to provide you with the knowledge and understanding of theories, principles and models applied to education and training. You will learn about the application of theories, principles and models of learning, communication and assessment in education and training. You will also cover the application of theories and models of curriculum development within your own area of specialism and the application of theories and models of reflection and evaluation of your own practice.
- Wider professional practice and development in education and training
- The aim of this unit is to provide you with the knowledge, understanding and skills relating to wider professional practice in education and training. You will learn about professionalism and professional values in education and training, the policy context of education and training, the impact of being accountable to stakeholders and external bodies, and the organisational context of education and training. You will also understand how to contribute to the quality improvement and quality assurance arrangements of an organisation.
The course runs Friday, Saturday and Sunday once per month for two months. Scroll to the bottom of the page for course dates and enrolment or click here.
Our course is also designed to instil the human qualities needed to effectively deliver educational assets to a broad range of learners and their individual learning needs.
- How to develop confidence in the teaching environment
- How to motivate learners creating an inclusive, positive learning atmosphere
- Effective communication techniques
- Using the VARK method for learning strategies
- Understand how the adult mind remembers information
- How we recall information and learning techniques to optimise that
- Developing effective curriculums
- Honing presentation skills
Adult education covers a whole spectrum of subjects and industries, from academic areas like history and literature to practical subjects like IT and languages, as well as social and life skills. Doctors and Nurses wishing to pass on their skills should also take this qualification. For any doctors wanting to deliver injectables training for a regulated course such as our Level 7 Certificate in Injectables for Aesthetic Medicine, they would need to complete a course like this. Nurses wanting to deliver training for laser and light, mesotherapy or any other therapies you would need to complete a teacher training course.
This course is not just for the aesthetics sector though, fitness instructors, hairdressers, beauticians, or anyone else wanting to deliver courses from a recognised awarding body will need a course just like this. The course is internationally recognised, so it travels with you, further expanding your horizons.
How much is this course?
The course is normally €2500 but we have reduced it to €1900 inclusive of all exam and registration fees. Please note we will not keep the course at this price. Class dates are the 21st, 22nd and 23rd September then 19th, 20th and 21st of October.